Friday, May 25, 2012

FROM NAWABS TO NIZAMS

FROM NAWABS TO NIZAMS
27th June, 2010: 6:40 p.m.
Today, I sat in a plane for the 1st time. Well, it’s difficult to state in 1 word what I felt about it.
So, let’s start from the break of dawn...
Flashback... Hmm.. not so great weather. Sunny and hot, a lot actually. Had a fight with Devika, felt irritated at... I don’t know what!
Went through the usual routine, said the usual goodbyes to Tanya, Nanaji and Bhaiyya, gave a hug to Vidyaji, then went off with Papa and Devika to the Amausi Airport of Lucknow. It was quite normal actually.
Airport: Got my luggage screened, didn’t know that the tag was supposed to be of ‘Indigo Airlines’, not ‘Kingfisher Airlines’, had to get it screened again. Then finally went to the loading station, correction... , almost went.
Yep, another problem. Wasn’t supposed to be carrying metallic items, I wish I had listened to Papa and kept only my laptop inside. Went back to put scissors and pocket-knife inside the suitcase. Too late, baggage already gone. Had to dispose the things in the dustbin. Sorry Papa about the pocket knife, I wish you hadn’t given it to me this morning, I’ll try to acquire it if I get a chance to buy the same thing again.
2:45 p.m.: Well, depression because of the knife is over, once the plane takes off. Very hospitable people, felt really comfortable.
3:30 p.m.: Plane lands at Indira Gandhi International Airport in Delhi. People destined for Delhi get down, no wait.. everyone has to get down. Why???
Flight to Hyderabad has been delayed, it will reach the destination at 8:45 p.m. instead of 7:10 p.m. Didn’t you hear the announcement in Lucknow?
Oh, of course, forgot to check the flight status, stupid, stupid me!
Thankfully, Shailesh and Uncle are there, went with them. Had food and also called up Papa and Tauji from there. Didn’t even realise how quickly those two hours passed.
6:25 p.m.: Reboarded the flight at Delhi Terminal 1-D and gate 20. Feeling much better, 2nd take-off was much better. Didn’t even need to close my eyes this time,had the courage to look out of the window. View was amazing. The clouds, the Sun behind them at sunset and at night, the skyline all lighted up and yipee, the flight has landed, and I am at Rajiv Gandhi International Airport, Hyderabad.
See ya in NALSAR! (8:45 p.m.)
                                                                                                                                 -29th June, 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment