Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Cause It's Holiday Time!!



                                                          Cause It’s holiday time!!

If you knew what I was upto these hols, you would never believe me... You see I would be labelled the most “un-holiday” kind of a person.
In keeping with the good old saying, "Rise and shine", I did rise at 7: 30, yes 7: 30 and not 17:30 ... and went for a walk to the nearby National Botanical Research Institute. Came home to a simple Wednesday morning breakfast... After having a luxurious “perfumes of Arabia” bath, I got dressed and bolted straight out the door... Nope, it wasn’t the nearest Benetton sale but the library at National Law University of Lucknow where I was headed, After spending 4 hours in that sacred “temple of learning” with my head buried in Atiyah’s Introduction to the Law of Contract, my reading glasses slipping down to the tip of my nose ,I came back home.. Luckily, a surprise awaited me... A Real Leechi flavour Fruit Juice! fresh and cool in the refrigerator, apparently that’s Devika’s favourite and she wanted me to taste it... Nah, I decided, Mixed Fruit is much better!
Well, I had another “perfumes of Arabia” bath, got dressed and bolted straight out the door with Devika, Nope, you are wrong this time too, it wasn’t a get-together party being hosted by my dear old friends back from school, nor was it a romantic dinner on the banks of the Gomti. Take another guess. Yep, this time you are right... It was my internship under a District Court Lawyer. As I entered those Chambers and looked up in admiration at the dozens of shelves lined with dust-covered All India Reporters, Supreme Court Digests, copies of V.N. Shukla’s and H.M. Seervai’s Constitutional Law and other authorities in the various areas of law, I was overwhelmed by a strong presence of the LAW. It’s scary, you know, thinking about the years of experience that have made these great lawyers GREAT. 
After NOT doing velapanthi and bakchodi (things that have become routine events in college) in those two hours, I made my way back home with Devika. I felt completely exhausted by the time I finished my dinner...Before going to sleep however, I decided to perform my nocturnal ritual of blogging.
And, that is how I spent my second day of holidays. I am sure that after reading this, you must have already formed a very “nerd-like” image of me in your mind, however, I belong to a school of thinking that believes in doing things a tad differently. So, where people would conventionally spend, rather “while” away their vacation time sleeping, watching movies, hanging out with friends, I prefer having a more “constructive” outlook. And, the fact is I love being the “unholiday” type, well that’s me at my best! Tc!

No comments:

Post a Comment